Comenius - Lifelong Learning Programme
Part of the Lifelong Learning Programme, Comenius seeks to develop knowledge and understanding among young people and educational staff of the diversity of European cultures , languages and values. It helps young people acquire the basic life skills and competences necessary for their personal development, for future employment and for active citizenship. The programme addresses issues strongly related to current discussions and developments in school policy. Priorities are set annually.
Comenius has the following goals:
- To improve and increase the mobility of pupils and educational staff in different Member States
- To enhance and increase partnerships between schools in different Member States, with at least three million pupils taking part in joint educational activities by 2010
- To encourage language learning, innovative ICT-based content, services and better teaching techniques and practices
- To enhance the quality and European dimension of teacher training
- To improve pedagogical approaches and school management
Fjölbrautaskólinn við Ármúla participates this year in one multilateral project:
Coordinator: Helmut Hinrichsen
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Greece, Iceland, Slovenia, Romania, Spain, Turkey
- Coordinators meeting in Craiova, Romania, November 3rd-10th 2012
Coordinator from our school: Helmut Hinrichsen
- Meeting in Telde, Gran Canaria, February 4th-9th 2013
Participating teachers and students: Helmut Hinrichsen (coordinator), Ólafur H. Sigurjónsson (assistant headmaster), Bryndís Valsdóttir (teacher), Kristrún Sigurðardóttir (teacher), Jóhann Már Berry, Jónína Riedel, Sólkatla Ólafsdóttir, Unnur Margrét Unnarsdóttir.
- Meeting in Vrhnika, Slovenia, April 15th-21st 2013
Participating members of staff: Helmut Hinrichsen and Eiríkur Brynjólfsson
- Meeting in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria, June 18th-24th 2013
No representatives from our school attended the meeting.
- Meeting in Istanbul, Turkey, October 24th-31st 2013
Participating teachers and students: Helmut Hinrichsen (coordinator), Bryndís Valsdóttir (teacher), Ingibjörg Haraldsdóttir (teacher), Petra Bragadóttir (teacher), Sandra Þóroddsdóttir (student counceler), Sumarliði Ingimarsson (responsible for student social affairs), Sæþór Ólafsson (teacher), Andrés Ívar Gunnarsson, Anna Lovísa Daníelsdóttir, Marly Gomes and Ögmundur Karvelsson.
- Meeting in Reykjavík, Iceland, April 14th-20th 2014
- Meeting in Piraeus, Greece, June 16th-23rd 2014
You find links to former projects under Comenius here to the left.
(Last updated 30.9.2013)